Established in 1988, Ajman Free Zone was granted autonomous status under the Amiri decree no.3 of 1996 issued by H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman. Ajman Free Zone Authority has been named as the sole regulatory agency for Free Zone in the Emirate. The Government of Ajman has given great impetus to industrial activities by forming the Free Zone Authority, which has multiplied growth of companies in the zone by four times in a couple of years. Ten points that will benefit you in starting your business in Ajman Free Zone Authority.
- Offering world class infrastructure, Ajman Free Zone Authority, hereinafter, referred as AFZA is widely known to be the heaven for entrepreneurs due to its unbeatable advantages and affordability.
- It is the only free zone jurisdiction that offers payments in 12 monthly installments.
- Ajman Port, not only serves over 1000 vessels in a year, but also has exceptionally low handling charges.
- Comparing with other free zones, AFZA’s land contract of 20 years is a renewal for the same term and it guarantees 40 years of tax and customs free operations.
- With lowest tariffs in the region, acquiring Ajman Free Zone license for business is the best solution to your business set up. Small and medium offices may cost below USD 600 per month, while the bigger offices can be leased under USD 800 per month.
- Commercial, industrial, trading and services are the types of licenses that can be incorporated in AFZA and permits following legal entities:
- Free Zone Establishment – FZE
- Free Zone Company – FZC
- Branch of a Foreign Company – BFC
- Branch of a Local U.A.E. company – BLC
- Number of shareholders for FZE is one and for FZC, there can be minimum two and maximum five. Bearer or different classes of shares are not allowed and all shares must be paid in full when allocated.
- Minimum share capital is AED 185,000 for FZE & FZC
- Directors allowed are minimum two and maximum four with no corporate directors are allowed.
- All FZE & FZC companies to have a manager, who should be a natural person and his name shall be on the license. Such manager must hold the visa of the company.
For further details of setting up business etc. please contact:
Shahab E. Raja
00 971 4 341 9701